Monday, April 29, 2013

5 Great Clown Gags: Clown Supplies

5 Great Clown Gags: Clown Supplies:

Gags and Props
Clowns using props and gags is always a crowd pleaser. If I had a quarter for every time someone asked to squeak my nose or wanted to know if my flower squirts water.

Tips
  • Always make sure your victims are having a good time and are OK with you messing with them. We are not out to make people unhappy.
  • If possible make yourself the brunt of the joke or gag.
Snake In A Can:

Snake in a Can Gag

Snake in a Can is an oldie but a goodie. Be creative and disguise your can, and they won't see the gag coming. In my act I have an audience member help me do tricks with my pet skunk, their job is to feed him his treats. I have a 30 foot spring snake that is packed into a plastic can labeled animal chow. They cup their hands as I get ready to pour out some “animal chow” then out flies 30' of spring loaded madness.

Squirting Camera:

Squirting Camera Gag

The Double Squirting camera is perfect of a walk around trick. You can either pose someone for a picture and squirt them or set the camera to squirt your victim as they take your picture. What fun!

Pet B:

Letter B gag

I'd like to by a vowel Pet! The little foam letters sold for sight gags are great. You can buy brown E's, black I's or a free B. The letter b can also be your pet bee. I bought a large letter B and use it in my stage show for a quick filler bit.

My New Best Friend Lunch Box:

My New Best Friend Lunchbox

Another simple prop and a make at home kind is “your best friend.” Get a small mirror and a plastic lunch box, glue the mirror to the inside of the lunch box lid and you are ready to go. Walk up to a spectator and ask if they want to see your best friend; holding the lunch box in view. Now bring the lunch box to their eye level and open it, they see their reflection as you say; “You must be my new best friend!”

Plastic Bread:

Plastic Bread

Last but not least. I found a round, plastic loaf of bread that I knew had to have a gag somewhere. I tell a few bad jokes and do a silly routine, then I pause, pull out this loaf of bread and lean on it. The line of course is: “Don't stop me now folks, I'm on a roll!” A groaner indeed, but it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment